Saturday, May 30, 2009

Busy Time of the Year

Once again...writer's block. Haven't been here in awhile...thought about writing a lot, but haven't for some reason or another.

Life is getting busy here at the Perkins' house. The end of the school year is very busy it seems. I will personally be really glad when school is out. We, well, the kids, had end of grade testing last week, which I think is the most stupidest thing out there, but I will spare you the extreme details of my hatred toward the test.

After end of grade testing, Mackenzie jumped right into dance company auditions. These were pretty stressful for her...and me. Thankfully they are over too. It will be after recital before she knows anything. UGGG.

Speaking of recital that brings me to next week. Wednesday night Mac has dress rehearsal. On Sunday afternoon she has the recital. I am, and she is looking forward to this performance. Sheldon is pretending to be excited, as much as he hates it, he is very supportive of Mac and her dancing. As for Chase, we will drag him there kicking and screaming the whole way.

Saturday is going to be a real busy day. Chase has a swim meet in the morning then that afternoon/evening, he is having his party for his birthday, which is Thursday.

The week after this one will be a little better. They will both have field days, class parties, award ceremonies, then at last, the last day of school. I cannot believe that I will soon have a forth grader and a seventh grader.

Chase brought his yearbook home yesterday. As I was looking through it, I got right sick to my stomach. The seventh graders look like young men and women. My Chase still looks like a boy to me. As I looked at these kids, I realized that by fall Chase will, or possibly could have changed so much. I cannot believe how quickly these kids are growing up. It honestly seems like a few weeks ago when they were slumped over in their car seats sleeping and drooling everywhere. (Okay, they still drool, but you get the picture.)

On a different note, the pool has opened. This seems to mark the summer season for me. I could sit by the pool all day...if the kids would not start with the whole, "I am bored." or "I am hungry, what's for lunch?" I love sitting in the sun. I am not much on getting in the pool, unless I am so hot I cannot stand it any longer. In that case I wait until adult swim and jump in since if I don't I seem to be a magnet to my children, who seem to do nothing but hang on me and/or splash me. Don't like to be splashed, even if I am wet...is that so hard to understand?

Guess I have rambled on enough about nothing at all. I promise I will try to update a little more often. Maybe life will become a little more interesting once the urchins are released from school. ( I have a feeling once they are out, I will wish they were back in.)

Have a good one, chat soon.

No comments: