Friday, February 22, 2008

Who We Are, What We Do.....

I decided on doing a blog, one, because I love reading them, two, because I use to be good about journal ling my thoughts about these two creatures that live at my house with my husband and myself, but I quit, and three, becuase you people just need to know what we go through as parents of the most adorable, aggravating, intelligent, crazy, sneaky, honest, (brutially honest), precious, energitic, "spunky" (I prayed for a a spunky little girl, be careful, very careful what you wish for), and finally, the best children God created, just for me and Sheldon.





Chase is now 10. He is the sweetest, kindess child out there. Heart of gold. He amazes me as to how giving he can be. For example, he is saving every nickel and dime for an IPod. He wants one so bad he can taste it. For Valentines, I decided that since neither of the kids are big candy eaters, and we have about 100 too many stuff animals and such...I would just give them money. $20.00 each...this brought Chase's total to $68.00. Almost half way there. Well, he and I had some time to waste before we had to pick up Mac from her Valentine Party at dance. We went to Walmart just to walk around.



While enjoying some ice cream at the McDonalds, Chase asked if he could show me something when we were done. "Sure," I said. So, we clean up, and he walks me to the jewelry counter of Walmart, looks at me and says, "Pick anything you want up to $68.00. " He was dead serious. I almost cried. I told him I wanted him to keep his money, so he could get that IPod, and that I just did not need any jewelry, having all of mine and Grandma's. What a sweet, giving child. Had I had the money, he would have had that IPod that night. (So, they are a little spoiled)



Mackenzie is my drama girl. She loves to be dramatic. She is a complete trip. You just never know what she might say, or do. She has not one shy bone in her body. She likes to talk....a lot. She is absolutely beautiful, if I do say so myself. She knows how to bat her eyes to get anything she wants from her daddy, and if that does not work, she just yells out, "Daddy's Girl!" That usually seals the deal. Mackenzie likes to dance. She is on the company team at To The Pointe Arts and Dance Academy. On Thursday afternoons, I get there in time to watch her in tumble class. It makes me giggle to watch her. She spends all of her time primping in the mirror, posing, adjusting her clothes, swinging her hair around and such. We are in such trouble as she gets older. The one thing that Mac does to drive me crazy, and she knows it, is...she likes to ask the most random questions. I do not know where she comes up with them sometimes. I mean, they are out there.



Sheldon and I are regular parents...I think. I guess. Okay, maybe not. We are the kind of parents that like to hide in the closet and jump out to scare them. We like to pretend like we do not know them sometimes, which drives Mac crazy. We told them that we had a previous child, named Freeda, but we gave her away because she acted up at the table. Stuff like that... we are normal parents, right?

No comments: