Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wow it has been days and days since I last posted. I know something had to be going on at some point over the last week and a half. Let me think...

I have managed to get out of going to our State Fair. Chase and Mackenzie both got to go with friends of theirs. This made me really happy, since I really hate the crowd. I use to really like things like that, but not so much now. Not to mention that you can go through so much money there. I was told that one ride cost about $5.00 each. Food is priced ridiculously high. I sent money with each child so I did not get out completely free, but I am positive that if Sheldon and I would have gone as well, the money spent would have been scary. You see, we would have to get a funnel cake, a roasted corn on the cob, or two, candy apples, cotton candy, plate of fries, maybe a slice of pizza, at least 2-3 drinks, and probably we would have had to try the new rage, deep fried snickers bars, or deep fried Twinkies. We would have walked away from the fair fat, half sick from eating so much...and completely broke.

Sheldon also hates being in a crowd, I mean really hates it. He gets a bit grumpy. Okay, not just a bit, he gets really grumpy. He, being a police officer, sees things I would never notice. He isn't able to do what most people can do, which is leave his job at work. He is constantly "looking."

This past Saturday, I spent the day with my two step-sisters, and two of my step-nieces. It was great seeing them, as I haven't seen one step-sister and my nieces in a long time, and when I had seem them, it was never all together. It was so nice to hang out all together. I realized how much I missed us being together. That afternoon/evening one of my nieces had a Union Ceremony. I met her partner, who was really great. The ceremony was really nice. C seems very happy, so I am very happy for her. One other great part of the day was I got to be behind my camera a lot. I love taking pictures so much, when I am doing so, I always wonder why I do not do it more often.

My brother is at Firearms Instructor School for the NC Highway Patrol. He was on a shooting team for years with the police department he was on before going to the Highway Patrol. He was first in our state at one point. Getting accepted to this school was a big deal, and once accepted, you still was not guaranteed anything. The first day there was several exercises that you had to complete and if you did not do almost perfectly on them, you went home. I talked to him late afternoon, he was relieved and nervous. He had made it through the daytime shooting, they gave him a break for supper then he had to go to night time shooting. He called me around 9pm, very excited, he had made it through.

Sheldon is going tomorrow to speak to the city council about pay increases for law enforcement officers. Sheldon is a very composed man, let me just tell you tonight, he is not so composed. He is stressed. Very stressed. I know he will, as always, do a great job. I can tell him that, but really? I have never had to stand in front of city officials and fight for the city officers. I would be pretty "un-composed" as well. I am always so proud of him and his accomplishments. He has done so well with his career.

I must go now, he needs to read his speech...cause 142 times is just not enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that he did great with his speech and that everything is well.