Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Weekend!

It miss you, my readers often. I ride down the road and think, hey, I want to tell my fellow bloggers about this, or I compose a blog in my head. (Yes, I admit I am a blogger addict.)

But, just as I call a friend of a family member to tell them something, they answer the phone and I have forgotten what I called for, I cannot recall these things previous prewritten in my head blogs now that I am here typing.

It has been a week since I blogged, so let me think. Sheldon was off Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. His back was still bothering him, so his mood was still "altered." I had to go to our Raleigh location on Tuesday to work, which was a pain just because of the drive, but it was good seeing all my co-workers that I don't get to see often. Chase had a bad day at school on Wednesday, making the evening not so good. Thursday I had dinner with D2, then went to watch Kenz at dance. Friday was Friday, thank goodness. Sheldon had to work Thursday and Friday and both days were really bad. A really bad day for a police officer is so much different than a bad day for some one in sales, like myself. He had taken Saturday and Sunday off so we could have a late anniversary weekend. Mackenzie also had dance convention she had to attend Friday night and Saturday.

We had two highlights for this weekend. The first one was we were invited to a local church for a Saturday night service. Let me back up for a second. Sheldon and I have been members of a church that is just down the road from our house. This was the church that we were married in, both of my children and myself were baptized there, my previous pastor was very special to me, which led me to ask him to conduct my mother's funeral, and she is buried in the church cemetery. For all these reasons, I felt like I was "obligated" for lack of better words, to stay there.

I had often times looked at other couples and wish Sheldon and I went to church together. For many years the only time Sheldon went with me was Christmas Eve services.

Saturday night we went to visit a new church. (Okay, so yes, I sort of worked the fact that the series starting was making your marriage sizzle, it was called HOT) We went, the kids too, and we ALL really enjoyed it. (Chase has taken after his father, and really did not want to go to church, and since he has such a hard time at school, another day of reading, memorizing, and learning was just a little more than he wanted) There was a class for Mac's age, that she loved. There was a group for Chase's age, which he loved, and Sheldon really liked the band, (very comtemp. church) and he like the preacher/message. I was so happy when Sheldon, then Mac, then Chase, at different times, asked if we could go back next week. It makes me soooo happy that Sheldon and I might be on the road to going to church together. Another plus is this weekend was the kick off to their new Saturday night service. For some reason, Saturday night seems more workable than Sunday mornings for us. I am happy. Very happy.

The second thing good about this weekend was thanks to my bestest friend in the whole wide world, my husband and I went on a date. Okay, the only time we could do it was Sunday afternoon, but I was willing to get any time alone with him. And Sheldon won so many points...really. He took me to see "Nights in Rodanthe." I am a huge Nicolas Sparks fan. I have read everything he has written. I also like that everything he writes is based in North Carolina. (off the subject again!!) So Sheldon takes me to see this, and let me just say, MAJOR CHICK FLICK. This is big for shoot-em up, beat their butt, blood and gore, etc man. He sighed a few times, and even looked bored once or twice but I still was so happy he took me. To make matters worse, he was ONE of THREE men in the theatre. And then, just to add a little salt to his wound, some ladies sat behind us, yeah, they were his aunt and cousin. They have always known how MANLY he is and so not the chick flick type.

I felt very special and lucky. He is so sweet to me. And the movie...pretty good!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Kudos to Sheldon for taking you out for a chick flick! I think he is running a credit balance now so he can cash in any time he needs to, right? ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you found a church where you all liked it. We had those kinds of issues too. Chris grew up Catholic so it was a big change to go to a church like the contemporary one we did. Oh how we grew though. Its what happens when we start to listen to what He is trying to tell us :).

Hugs. Glad that you had some ups to the weekend and I pray that this week continues to bring you ups!

Jenn said...

sounds like a good weekend! I'm pretty pumped for you finding a church that you like :) Chris and I have very different preferences as far as church (I like contemporary, and he likes traditional with lots of liturgy).
Super cool to have a date night - I know how important that is (and hey, MY best friend offered babysitting so the hubster and I could have a date last week too! Best friends rock!) Way to go to your hubby for taking our to the ultimate chick flick. You owe him now.