Monday, September 29, 2008

What Is Her Name??

As a child I remember seeing a Family Circus Comic about these ghost that lived in their house. Their names were NOT ME and I DUNNO.

Who spilled the toys all over the floor? NOT ME
Who left their drink cup in the living room? I DUNNO

I recently realized that these ghost live in my house now. I wish they would just come to me on a dark night and make themselves visible. I have a hunch they may resemble my offspring.

I also think that my children believe that there is another ghost that lives in our house and she just makes everything magically happen. Maybe there are several...yes, there must be several because it is surely too much work for one weary ghost.

This ghost(s) that lives in our house does so much. Here are just a few of the day to day task she performs day to day. I appreciate all she does, but who else does?
  • Makes sure that everyone has a clean pair of underwear for tomorrow.
  • Wipes the dribbled pee off the toilet seats to spare the next poor soul from a wet rear.
  • Writes checks out to utility companies, pays the house payment, car payments, insurance company, child care, dance lessons and swim lessons.
  • Sweeps up the tracked in dirt/grim/grass brought into the house.
  • Schedules all appointments needed.
  • Keeps the refrigerator stocked with frozen pizza bites, nuggets, juice boxes, etc. as well as the pantry.
  • Meets with teachers checking on progress.
  • Packs daily lunches.
  • Purchases clothing for each child, also makes sure they have fitting shoes.
  • Signs homework folders.
  • Washes sheets and make beds.
  • Earns a salary to pay for all expenses occurred by the family.
  • Makes sure there is a stocked medicine cabinet for those unexpected runny noses, sore throats, and boo boos.

I am pretty sure there are so many more things that this "ghost" does for our family. I am positive she has a spouse that contributes to above work when he is available, but I also have a hunch that his schedule does not allow him to always be available.

Just as I believe that the ghost named Not Me and I Dunno look a lot like my children...I bet you if the other ghost resembles myself...you think???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that ghost :)

Cathy said...

*That* ghost must be named Casper because it is sooo friendly. ;)