Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Kids Rock

I will start this blog out saying that Sheldon passed the state exam for Instructor School on Friday. Not only did he pass, he had the highest score in the class. I am so proud of him. It was two weeks of intense studying, preparing lesson plans, and presentations. It was quite exhausting for all of us, but mostly him.

Next, I had the honor of attending award ceremonies for both kids. Thursday morning, Mackenzie had the Character Trait awards. Her ceremony wasn’t until 9:30, so she talked me into coming in and sitting in her class for about a half hour. Her teacher is amazing, I knew this before, but watching her interact and teach the children was pretty outstanding. She has so much patience.

I moved on to the gym close to 9:30 to find my seat. Eventually the kids started to file in class by class. Mackenzie seemed to be beaming. She looked so cute wearing her To the Pointe (dance) polo shirt and her little khakis. Mac received the “Responsibility Award.”
Each nine weeks there is a ceremony where certain kids get a character award, such as Responsibility, Courage, Preservation, Self Control, etc. The kids get a nice metal that is on a ribbon necklace. They look sort of like the awards that Olympian’s get upon winning. I was proud, and I took bunches of pictures, as I always do.

Friday morning, at 7:30am, Chase was invited to an A Honor Roll breakfast. It was really nice. I got to eat school sausage…been awhile since I had that, and little cartons of slushy juice. (The juice should not have ice in it, but for some reason it always had.)

We sat at a table with his best friend and his parents, shortly after we sat down, one more of Chase’s friends joined us. The principal called each child’s name out and gave them a very nice certificate. Of course these kids are getting to the “I am too cool” stage. They walked up, took the certificate, walked back to their seats and basically dropped it on the table in front of their parent. Chase was no different. Nonetheless, It was an honor to be there. I also noticed how many/few kids were in there, realizing that it was a lot, but not really when you think of the amount of students there. I was even more proud to know that Chase had earned his way to this very special breakfast.

You know, I don’t care what anyone says, my kids rock!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

WOW! What a great blog!!! What an amazing family you've got there, smart, talented and nice looking to boot! But what about YOU??? There was praise in there for everyone but YOU!! So, I'll just go ahead and do it.

You take amazing pictures such that your email/phone is buzzing with people asking you to take their holiday photos.

You are an awesome friend and a great mommy! And, you're a wondeful "mommy friend" to my little man, who was thrilled that you "forgot" about the tictacs you bought and he got to keep them!

Keep on rockin' Perkins Family!!!

Anonymous said...

Your kids DO rock but their mother rocks too so its only a natural thing for them to rock too!