Sunday, December 21, 2008

Counting Down

The countdown is on…
Last week I counted down for Friday, which was my last day from work until Monday the 28th! Now I am off this whole week and I am ecstatic about it. It is Sunday night and oh what a feeling it is to know that I do not have to get up and go to work in the morning.
The kids are counting presents under the tree to see who has the most. I am certainly losing with only one gift under there at this time, however, I am typing on my Christmas present, as I have a brand new laptop. Yippee! (It types so smoothly, I have WiFi that picks up at my house, it has all these cool things…) There are many many gifts under there, and only a few belong to others. I am getting so excited about the gifts that I have chosen for everyone.

Chase is counting down the days before Tuesday, he is expecting a friend to come over. He is planning all the things they are going to do. I am not sure, but I am pretty confident that aggravating Mackenzie is in the plan.
Sheldon and I are counting down the days before Christmas Eve. D2 always takes the kids to see his aunt in Roanoke Rapids. Sheldon and I will have a day to ourselves. We will be busy wrapping, stashing, hiding and giggling preparing for the big night. I will probably be doing a little baking, Santa will have to the perfect snack when he comes by.
The kids are counting down the days before Christmas. I bet they have been to the calendar 10 times just today. I am guessing they think that it might miraculously change from one hour to the next.
I personally am counting down the minutes before bedtime, so these urchins that are sucking the life our of me will be safely tucked away for the evening….

2 comments:

rachel said...

I count down the minutes until bedtime EVERY day lately. The kids are nuts waiting for Christmas! We haven't put anything under the tree yet for fear that they will start counting and get jealous. Hello! You both get presents, give me a break!

Hope you enjoy your time off work. You deserve it.

Jackie said...

My kids are also trying, desparately, to count the pressies under the tree. BUT, their mean old mommy has a rule about no touching, so they can't move things around to see name tags! Bwwahhahah...and I LOVE IT!!!! My kids, as you know, are going to be horribly, rottenly spoiled by us this year and I am going to love EVERY second of watching them open!!