Thursday, December 11, 2008

What We Have Been Up To Lately

It is amazing how fast time goes. I remember hearing my elders saying this while I was a kid. It
made absolutely no since at all. Boy has it clicked now. For example, my last post was on the first of December. It seems like it was the day before yesterday when I wrote that one.

So what's been going on in the Perkins house? It seems like we are busy all the time, so I should be able to remember right? (I also remember my elders taking about when you get old, you forget things...Hmmmmm)

Last Friday, Sheldon and I both had the day off. We took the kids to breakfast, then to school. We had some errands to run, one being at the mall. We found this awesome sale on men's clothes. Sheldon needed some new things since he was to start his new position in Investigation the following Monday. I will not go into great detail about what all we bought, but when I added the regular (not on sale) prices, it was $1140. I paid $239 for them. I was way excited, as was Sheldon. He almost got a new wardrobe, and a brand new very nice suit.

We went to pick up his take home car over the weekend. It is pretty awesome. It is an Impiala, solid black, with black tint. It looks really sharp. He looked and has looked really handsome everyday as he has left in his dress clothes and tie. He is hot.

Tuesday night Mackenzie had a school performance of a Christmas Play. She did not have a part in the play, but she was one of the singers. I looked at all the kids up there with her. Mackenzie seemed to shine to me, because she is so animated. When she is performing she looks so happy. She seems to thrive on the performing arts.

Chase got his interim reports this week, all A's again. I am so proud of his hard work. Tomorrow night there is another school dance. He is excited.

I have been buried in Christmas cards. I think tomorrow I will be able to put them in the mail. That will be such a relief.

We are all on the count down, the kids get out of school on the 19th and that is my last day at work until the week after Christmas. I am so looking forward to the time off. I take a vacation every Summer but we are out of town. I love this vacation time because I am home, with the kids, slow pace, sleep until I wake, no schedule, no rush rush!!! Did I mention we were counting the days down? Well we are!!

No comments: