Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happenings in the Perkins House

Things have been going pretty good lately. Pretty uneventful, which I like. Here is a quick update...

Mackenzie:
  • Well, she gave up her dance teacher career, now she is school teacher. Whether it is dance teaching or school teaching, she is hard core. I think she must be the teacher for the behavioral problem children.
  • She got her "camouflaged" lyrical shoes tonight. They are pretty cute, should be for $19.00 they should be, huh?
  • She is doing well in school. She loves her teacher. The papers that I have seen leads me to believe she is doing good.
  • She dances two nights a week. She is on The Company at her studio. This year she is taking Tap, Ballet, Jazz, and Lyrical. She seems to much more into it this year, or maybe she expresses it more this year.
  • Being a child of a policeman, Mac hears some vocabulary that most kids are not always exposed to. We try to divert the questions sometimes, but Sheldon saw the perfect opportunity to have a little fun at her expense. Thanks to her Daddy, she thinks that a serial killer is a "cereal killer." He has convinced her that there is this "thing" that has killed some characters, so far, Tony the Tiger, Toucan Sam, Fred Flintstone have all been spared. Yesterday in the car she asked me if there was a "snack" killer too. When I looked at her with a cocked eyebrow, she said, "You know, like the cereal killer, is there something out there that might kill snack people, like Chester Cheeto?" How a little girl will believe anything her daddy says and doubt everything her mother says is beyond me.

Chase:

  • School is getting better. Even if he refuses to believes it, or admit it. He seems to be doing good as well. He has brought home quite a few papers with 100's or even 105's. Go Chase.
  • Swimming has not started yet, or, maybe I should say, we haven't signed him back up just yet. We felt like he really needed to get a handle on this middle school jazz before we added something on top of it.
  • This past weekend he went to his first high school football game. Remembering how I use to go to these games every weekend, and remembering how "grown up" I felt, it made me sad that he was there. Last Friday night he was at a school dance, this past Friday night he was at a football game!!
  • Everyday I am seeing glimpses of him being a teenager. I am proud of him, but sad too! If he continues to act as he is now, he will be such a good teen. (fingers, toes, and eyes crossed)

Sheldon:

  • Being a Sgt at the police department is going well for him. It does mean he leaves for work a bit earlier and gets home a little later. I guess that goes along with the territory of being a supervisor.
  • Unfortunately, he threw his back out last week, he has been pretty uncomfortable for days now. I did get him in to see a chiropractor yesterday, hopefully he will be all better soon.
  • He still loves his career. It is so awesome to see such passion about a job...I don't think I have ever had passion like his about a job.
  • His favorite season is upon us. He absolutely loves fall. He has commented on it right much.

Michelle:

  • I am still working at the same company. Unfortunately I do not have the same passion Sheldon does.
  • I spend most of my time carting children around. I use to laugh at those mini-vans that would have some stupid sticker about being the taxi driver for your kids...yeah, that is me.
  • I am passing the sixth grade so far. I have (re) learned the definition for many scientific terms, more vocabulary words for literature class, and I am reading a book about the Holocaust. It has been several (okay, many) years since I have been in middle school. I did not care about this stuff then, and guess what? It is still boring crap and I don't know when one would ever use this stuff in life. But I can't tell my son this!
  • I have given Pepsi up...for the most part. I was doing really good, but for some reason, (PMS) I have been really wanting it with my dinner. I have justified it these past few nights like this: I use to drink 4-5 cans a day, now one glass is not "that" bad. *yes i know that this is like an alcoholic saying one drink is not that bad!*

That is about all right now. Oh, I forgot the dang dog....

Lucky:

  • He still likes to get into the trash when no one is looking.
  • He dreads seeing Mac come home, since she recently started carrying him around like a baby, tossing him on the couch, dragging him on walks in the yard, trying to hand feed him cause he looks "hungry" and making him dance on his hind legs by holding his paws up in the air.
  • He currently has green feet because Mac drug him all over the yard while I mowed the other day, (Sheldon-back out, can't mow, yeah me)
  • He lives a life of luxury. Lies around all day, in the peace and quiet, snuggles up to Chase at bedtime, always looks pitiful enough to be handed pieces of food from the dinner table, and when he is done with one of the children, he just growls at them and snips their hands, and they leave him alone. (Wonder if that will work for me, growl then bite...hmm, wonder if I could get some me time if I tried that?)

Yep, that is about all here.

4 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Glad to hear that everything is as it should be :)

Anonymous said...

Well done on the non-Pepsi drinking. That is fantastic. WOOT WOOT.
I am glad that the kids are doing well. I am so glad that Chase is feeling so much better with things.
I hope that Sheldon feels better soon!!!

Cathy said...

Hey, I was dressed as a cereal killer one year for Halloween! I was a Cheerios box with blood and plastic knives inserted in the box!!

Glad to hear that everything is going well and hope that Sheldon's back feels better soon!

Tired Mom of Six said...

Sheldon sounds like a funny guy! I'm glad Chase is getting used to jr. high and that Mac is doing well too. Dance is fun...as is being a taxi driver...bwaahaahaa...ok, not so much.
I'm so glad things are going well for you and your family (and even the dog).
L&M You! xoxoxox