Wednesday, September 10, 2008

THE Shoes...


Yeah...I should have went straight to my computer last night and tell you the Mac's big news. Truth is, I was so exhausted from the past few weeks of practicing for this accomplishment, and so happy that it finally happened, I think I may have temporally put it out of my mind.

All those dance classes Mac has been teaching, and her own classes at the studio, she finally earned her lyrical shoes. The way it works is when the girls start taking lyrical, they must earn their shoes by getting their pirouettes just perfect. Apparently Mac was having trouble with her foot being "sickled". Don't ask me, I have no idea, I actually thought she was mispronouncing a word until I heard some of the other girls saying it too.

These shoes were a big deal, but since they literally look like very miniature underwear, I am not sure why but what do I know? I am just the mommy. The girls have been waiting forever to earn these, some had already gotten them.

As mentioned on my bestest friend's post, they cost freakin $17.00. And...that is not all, they are the nude colored ones. Miss L was out of the printed ones, the big rage, the "I have to have those because everyone else does" ones. We were told she could order them, no problem...but oh no, we just could not leave with out our prize!!!

This is where I think the story gets funny. Her best friend, who I should also congratulate, not only did she win the shoes, she also made her goal, which was her right split. Way to go A. Anyway, Miss L tries a pair of shoes on Mac, they fit. A has gone to change her clothes, when she returns she tries the same pair on A. They fit. Miss L then says, well girls, the problem is I only have one pair, I can order more and they will be here Thursday. Ummmm...no! Miss L seeing the fear of not taking shoes home in both of the girls eyes, she then suggest that each one of them take one shoe, and on Thursday they could get the other shoe. Without any hesitation, this was a perfect idea to the girls. Which, by the way, I was very proud of them, both being generous enough to allow this one shoe deal without a fuss.

Mac stared at her one foot all the way home. She took a picture to send Aunt J. She sent a text message to cousin C. She DID NOT call her Daddy, she was itching to SHOW him. (Which is another funny story, since Sheldon has never seen, or paid attention to what shoes the lyrical dancers wear, his response to this little nude thing on her foot, "OMG Baby, what happened, did you hurt your foot at dance?" REALLY...have you not heard about the shoes 5000 times these past few weeks??? Luckily Mac thought he was only playing, so he got off. How do dads always get off?)

So we have the shoes, the nude ones...$17.00...and we have the printed ones on order. What? Ridiculous? Well, how many times does one earn her lyrical shoes for the first time???

4 comments:

Tired Mom of Six said...

WTG Mac & A.!!!! Awesome news :)

rachel said...

Earning those lyrical shoes happens only once, for sure. And hopefully Mac and A use different feet for turning, at least until the other shoes come in!

I never wore lyrical shoes, but I did earn pointe shoes in ballet. Momentous occasion, for sure, even though they caused me much blood, sweat and tears!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I have no idea what those are or what they're for but CONGRATULATIONS Mac!!!

Jenn said...

I had to say, I had NO idea what lyrical shoes were - and now that I see them I'm like "$17 bucks for a toe cover???"
Still - it's the accomplishment that counts - and you can be dang proud of Mac for earning those itty bitty expensive shoes LOL! Good for her also for not making a fuss about just taking one home. Very mature.
j.