Friday, September 26, 2008

Wonder-rifical News

I have wonder-rifical news!!!! Want to know it??? Well, I like suspense, so I will tell a few other things first.

Mackenzie has been doing great. She is still teaching school, tonight there is a lesson on rounding numbers up or down. As I walked through the "classroom" I think I answered a question correctly. I think...

As it seems, I am now the principal. I am not really feeling well tonight so I pity any child that gets sent to me. I asked her to please send a student to the kitchen table, aka the "cafeteria" to get my phone. Hey, it worked, I got my phone without any sighs or heavy walking or rolling eyes. A girl has to do what a girl has to do.

Sheldon is on nights this weekend. Yuck. He actually is getting off at midnight tonight he has a meeting in the morning.

I haven't felt all that good all day so I tried to pull the "I don't feel good, can't you come home?" It did not work. He asked me if midnight would be good enough...like he was doing it just for me! I told him very matter a factly that no, it would not work, and I know it would not work because at midnight he was not going to tell me how pitiful I am. He LAUGHED at me. The nerve of him...

My wonder-rifical news...Chase got his progress reports today. Keep in mind that Chase has always struggled with a reading disability. I have worried every year that it would really affect him as his classes got harder with more reading in all subjects, not just in reading. The first few days of school (okay, weeks) Chase felt very overwhelmed in all his classes, mostly Science. The text just terrified him. Our elementary schools do not have text books, I think the text book itself was very intimidating. For someone who struggles in reading, to have a book that is over an inch thick...that is scary.

I am getting to my point...rambling along the way.

When I got Chase this afternoon, the defeated frown that I have come to expect, had been transformed into a very confident smile. He proudly pulled the progress reports out. He handed them to me. I choked up. Really.

Science:
Attendance: Exceeds Expectations
Behavior: Exceeds Expectations
Academics: Exceeds Expectations
Comments: "Hard Worker"

Math:
Attendance: Meets Expectations
Behavior: Meets Expectations
Academics: Meets Expectations
Comments: "Chase's average in math is 98/A at this time."

Language Arts:
Attendance: Meets Expectations
Behavior: Exceeds Expectations
Academics: Meets Expectations
Comments: "Quiz grade average is 100+ and homework has been excellent.

Exploring Careers:
Attendance: Exceeds Expectations
Behavior: Exceeds Expectations
Academics: Exceeds Expectations
Comments: "Chase has an A in my class."

We did not get his social studies report, his teacher was out today...but did you see those reports?? I am so proud of him. He is proud of himself. That is very important for him. I hope this will be a huge boost to his self esteem.

I have only called 3 people to brag...that is all.

4 comments:

Tired Mom of Six said...

WTG Chase! What an awesome achievement...Keep it up :)

Hope the "Principal" feels better soon...

L&M you muches! xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Way to go Chase. That is fantastic! FANTASTIC!

Sara P. said...

Only 3 people?!?! I think you should shout it from the rooftops!

That is GREAT news Michelle! I am glad that Chase is doing so well! (And I hope that you are too!!) XOXO

Cathy said...

Can I get a woot woot for Chase!!!

Only 3 people? Dude, get busy and start dialing!

Hugs...