Thursday, September 4, 2008

Middle School Might Not Be So Bad...

Well, things are getting a little better for Chase. He actually said one day this week that he had fun at school. He is still trying to get the hang of his locker. It is not the actual lock, that is perfected. It is his fear of putting something in his locker he might need, or not getting something out that he might need. It is really worrying me, since his book bag is so heavy. Mac can't even lift it. Hopefully soon he will feel confident enough to start switching things out and not bringing home every single thing he owns.

I am so glad this is getting better. It has been a loooooooong 8 days of school.

I am thinking I will have to get a second job, just to pay for his lunches. I did not know how much things were, so I started out giving him $3.00 a day. I did not want that to be another stress, I wanted him to have what he needed. I asked him yesterday morning if he was using all the money each day, he told me mostly, sometimes he would have a little bit of change left over. Okay, I will quit eating lunch before I let him go without, $3.00 a day it is.

Last night at dinner, he looks up with me with the "I really need to tell you something, but I don't know how you will react" look. What is it Chase....what is wrong now, this is what I am thinking. The conversation went something like this:

C-"Mom, everyday, I have been giving "L" about 75 cents cause his mom doesn't have the money to give him. Is that okay?"
M-(With watery eyes) "Sure baby. And it is very kind of you to be so generous."

"L" is one of Chase's very good friends. I had the opportunity to meet his mom on an outing with church. She is a single mom of 3, maybe 4 kids, I don't remember exactly. This child's father also lives far away so she really is on her own.

Maybe Chase was put in this child's life for a reason. I would hope that if my child was in a situation of this kind that someone would be put in his path to help him through a very hard time.

That Chase, he is a good kid.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a friend's heart Chase has. How absolutely wonderful. That brought tears to my eyes!

Jenn said...

Chase sounds like an awesome kid. You raised him well - he's got a sensitive heart and a generous spirit.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Awwww that is so awesome! I'm glad he's finding his groove.

Cathy said...

What a giving, loving heart he has!

You did good mommy. Really good!

Jackie said...

So that story made me cry when you told it to me last week and it makes me teary reading it. I love that kid and I love you, my friend!