Friday, September 12, 2008

THE School Dance

Tonight is another first in our lives...THE School Dance. You know, like drop your child off and come back several hours later, kind of thing. This morning Chase stood in front of his closet, looking for the right shirt and then the right shorts. He packed his matching Rainbow flip flops. We were off. We went to his best friends, "J", house to deposit the apparel for tonight. He is going home after school with J, then J's mom will take them to the dance.

I think I recall these dances, which never turn out to be an actual "dance". Everyone will be standing with their group of friends, which means little groups of giggling girls, and little groups o f "too cool for my own good" boys.

I am actually hoping that this will be a fun event that will help Chase "like" his school a little more. A school dance....he is surely growing up too fast, right in front of my eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. That is scary! How fast is time going! I am not sure if I can handle that...Can't we just keep em young??