Monday, August 18, 2008

Boot Camp and Such...

Not much has been going on in our house the past few days. Just normal chaos.

The kids went with Granddaddy on Sunday tubing at the lake. Sheldon and I got to spend the entire afternoon together. It was very nice. We talked...without being interrupted. Imagine that. We took a nice drive through the country, Sheldon took me to see his Mom's new house. She was excited to see us.

We then drove into town and got a little lunch. We had a very pleasurable afternoon.

This the kids last week out of school, and as much as I have joked about them going back to school, I really dread it. They have had a great summer, Sheldon has been home a lot with them. We have had many lunches together. It has just been very laid back. It has been a great summer. I hate to see it end.

Chase is starting to obsess over middle school and all the changes that goes along with that. I am worried too, but if you hear me talking to him, you would think middle school is the best thing ever. Hopefully once he gets there he will be okay. I think he hates change about as much as I do. He is also worried about changing classes, and not knowing where to go. I am sad he is going to middle school. He is still my baby. It just doesn't seem right.

Mackenzie is in "Boot Camp" this week for dance. She is on the "Company" which means she is an awesome dancer...or at least that is what I think...ha. Okay, maybe not awesome, but she is on her way. Everyone on Company has to be at boot camp this week, which is about 5 hours every day of dancing, training, and there is a little socializing, I am sure. She seemed happy about it today. She is tired tonight, which is pretty unusual for Mac, she is always ready to go...and then go some more. However, as tired as she might be, she is still talking a mile a minute. That's my girl!

Chase stayed home today with Sheldon, except Sheldon slept whole all day. Chase did really good. He scrambled eggs fro breakfast, cooked microwave french fries for lunch, and ate candy this afternoon. He surfed the Internet for awhile, he went to WWE site, the child eats, sleeps, and breathes wrestling. He played video games a lot, watched tv awhile. He just chilled out. He is the kind of person that can go all day without interaction. He is growing up way too fast!

Boot camp this week, orientation at the Elementary school on Wednesday night, orientation for parents at the middle school on Wednesday night, and orientation for students on Friday at the middle school. That is our week...busy, but hopefully good. It is just me and the kids at night, which means chicken nuggets, corn dogs, cereal...sleeping in Mommy's bed, watching lots of wrestling...and missing Sheldon terribly.

No comments: