Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day Three, Only 177 More to Go!!

Chase seemed a little more relaxed as he climb out of the car this morning. I said 100 prayers all day.

I called him as soon as I thought he might have made it over to the high school. I did not talk to him but my sister in law said that she thought his day was better. Great. She said he seemed to be a little more at ease. Thank you Lord Jesus!

Until...my phone rang a few minutes ago. I answer and hear this shaky little voice on the other end. It seemed as if he could not find his gym bag. Day one of carrying a gym bag, nonetheless. We talked about where all he had been. He remembered having it in his last class, but that was as far as he got...I told him to stop freaking, we would pack another bag tonight and he could check in the morning to see if it was in the class.

Knowing this would set his mood for the rest of the evening, I decided to call his last class' teacher. Sure enough, he had the bag. He said he would hold onto it until the morning and Chase could come by and get it. I called Chase back, told him, immediately his voice changed. Hopefully he will not obsess over this all night.

Can the boy just have one day that is not eventful?? Just one? Is that too much to ask for?

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh...I know he's 11, but am I allowed to say "Poor baby!"?? Tough, I'm saying it anyway. I hope tomorrow is b-o-r-i-n-g for him...he (and you) deserve that much! Give him big hugs for me and tell him I'll make him cake balls for the weekend!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Aw honey. I really hope these little hiccups get ironed out and Chase finds his groove soon.

HUGS

Tired Mom of Six said...

Poor Chase :( I hope his days get easier & easier. Pretty soon this jr. high stuff will be "old hat" to him!