Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Days...

It is so sad when your child says, "I am bored, I want to go somewhere, can we do something fun, and NOT the pool, please?" Okay, so its not sad, it is ridiculous. If, and that is a huge IF, I got to stay home and hang out playing video games, eating when I wanted to, sleeping as long as I could, going to the pool, reading a good book, no obligations, no plans, just go with the flow...I would be in complete Heaven.

Sheldon has been home with the kids most of the summer, which has been great for our pocket book, but the kids are about to explode. They need some interaction with others. I think that it is a good thing that they are going to different schools this year, since their love for each other, or lack of love, is enormous. The sibling rivalry is more than any one human can stand.

The other fun fact about this is, by the time I get home, the kids have had enough of Sheldon, and Sheldon has certainly had enough of them. So, the kids are sucking the life out of me, talking a mile a minute, asking me lots of questions, telling me about what they have done all day. Sheldon is sitting there looking at me as if a truck has hit him.

Sheldon goes back to work next week, the kids go back to school the following Monday, and life will take on a whole new form of hectic.

1 comment:

Tired Mom of Six said...

Schoooooolllllll....YAY!

Is it wrong that I'm pining for it even though I know I will miss the little buggers? I will love how my house stays clean and the food stays in the cabinets longer! :)

And I'm sure you won't miss the barrage at the end of the day!

Love you!