Monday, July 21, 2008

Day Three...The Natives are Restless

Day Three, the natives are restless, seem to get bored unless someone is standing on their hands entertaining them. Beach, sand, playgrounds, outdoor pool, jacuzzi, basketball courts, tennis courts, 43 board games in the drawers....and my kids cannot sit for 5 minutes without saying, "I'm bored!" Seriously????

I had a very relaxing evening last night, as I sat on the balcony for HOURS writing my own blogs, then reading others. Sheldon watched tv back in our bedroom while the kids and Jane played badmitton on the courtyard.

I woke this morning, even earlier today than yesterday, something after 5, so by 6am I was on the beach with my yoga mat and my thoughts. I had a very good session, a great meditation, then I promplty rolled my mat, came back in our room, got my car keys and snuck out. I drove straight to the Dunkin Donuts and bought 50 muchkins, and a Box O' Joe. Oh well...relaxed and fat...whatever.

We are heading out soon to go snorkel. Chase, Sheldon, Callie and myself, snorkled last year through the aquirium here. This year we decided to go out on our own. Wonder how much water we will suck down...ha ha!

We are packing, (we, meaning Jane is) our picnic lunch as I sit on my rump and type. We, (meaning the kids) are packing the towels and yelling to each other to not forget the underwater camera....how exciting! We, meaning Callie, is spraying the kids with sunscreen and they are dancing around cause it is cold and they are yelping...

AND OMG...Mac lost a tooth last night and the tooth fairy did not stop here....bad tooth fairy. I believe that she just did not know to come to the beach, so here shortly I will be making a call to my bestest buddy from home and have her contact the tooth fairy with our location. Maybe the Tooth Fairy can make an emergency stop while we are snorkeling.

2 comments:

Tired Mom of Six said...

It sounds like your vacation is going splendidly! I think "I'm bored." is just a phrase that is used when you don't want to think anymore as a kid. God knows my kiddos use it frequently enough. :oP

I'm so glad you are relaxing, laughing and enjoying yourself. :) That makes my heart so happy!

Have a great day! LOVE you :)

Anonymous said...

Wow how awesome is that vacation? What a fun time. I hope that you are getting some "mommy" time :)