Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yes Cathy, I Did Like Him....I Hope To See Him Again!



So...I am just returning from my date night. It was exceptionally good...I bought a bag of elastic hair bows for $3.00....there are 250 in the bag....ohhh I am way happy about this.


Sheldon and I did really enjoy our night out. It is funny how different a date night is now, compared to when we were really dating. I got a little dressed up, wearing a knit skirt and a purple top, and of course I had on my bling bling shoes. Sheldon looked really handsome tonight, as he wore his blue t-shirt with jeans and his rainbows. He is so tan, the light blue shirt looked even better on him than it usually does.


We left the condo just before 6. We first went to a store Sheldon had stumbled upon earlier today, it was a yoga store. They were actually closed, but there was about to be a yoga class, so the nice lady let me look around. I will be going back there in the morning...I saw some things that I NEED.


We had a nice dinner at....Hooters, cause they have the best beer, or that is what I am told...anyway, they did have a new appetizer, tator tots covered in cheese, bacon, chives, and sour cream...they were the bomb-diggidy let me just tell you.


Then we headed over to a small shopping center and walked around for a short while, nothing screamed, "Buy me, Buy me" so we left. We drove on down to Beaufort and walked by the docks. I stopped in the oldest bookstore in North Carolina and bought a couple of books. From there we were on our way to get ice cream. That is when Callie texted me to tell me they too were on their way to get ice cream, so we met them there.


I was out of pepsi at the condo, which anyone who knows me knows this is a very bad thing, so when we finished up our ice cream, we departed from Jane and the kids and headed into Walgreens, which I had never visited before...this is where I found the 300 elastic hair holder thingys. We walked around Walgreens for a few minutes. Then we came back to be re-united with the kids, at 9:47pm. Yep, we are night owls!


We really did have a very nice evening. We laughed about different things, we enjoyed each others company. It does sound kind of like Ma and Pa going to the Golden Corral, but it really wasn't like that.


Today was pretty good. We spent a lot of time outside today, either at the pool or on the beach. I got a little sun, which made me happy. I even got my hair wet today! It drives Chase crazy that I go to the pool but don't get my hair wet, I usually just dip in to cool off.


I did figure out the hair wrap thing too, and frankly, I was pretty proud of my work. It turned out darn cute. It took me about 30 minutes to do it, I had convinced myself that as soon as I did it she would wear it for 10 minutes then want it out, to my surprise, she asked me if she could keep it until school had started...one month away...which I told her, no, we would be taking it down, but I would be happy to re-do it.


So tomorrow is our last full day here. I am so sad it has ended so quickly. We have had a lot of fun. I dread going back to work, but I am trying not to think about that...I told myself I could start thinking about work at 9:00pm on Sunday night. Anyway, tomorrow we will go to the beach for our annual picture session, I always do portraits of the kids on the beach, I have been doing it for probably the past 5-6 years. It has gotten harder, rather than easier to do this. One would think that as the kids got older it would be easier to photograph them. No...it is much more complaining and whining...but...I don't care...they will smile for my camera, dammit.
I included a picture of me and Sheldon in the pool today, after 14 years of marriage, this could very well be our first picture together in a pool. Also, check out that hair wrapping thingy I did...seriously amazed myself.




3 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, she likes him! She likes him!!!

Sounds like you guys had a perfect date and you were out late!;) Well, actually it is late or us. We are usually home by 9. Lame-o yup we are!
Good job on the hair weaving thinga-majiga. I think you have another career brewing. You could move down to the Bahamas and braid peoples hair on the beach. Oh how grand life would be.
Have a great last day and can't wait to see the pics from the beach!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

your hair wrap looks gorgeous and you two make a stunning couple. So glad you had a nice date night.r

Tired Mom of Six said...

Glad the date went well. Love the pic of you both in the pool - you look happy :) We're usually not out too late either unless we are with Chris' high school friends.

Hair wrap looks great...glad Mac loves it :)