Sunday, July 27, 2008

Freaking Dunkin Donut Munchkins

I have been trying really hard to stay away from so much junk food. I am not real sure why one would want to set herself up for such failure, but I seem to like punishing myself.

Early in the week I enjoyed my yoga out on the beach then decided that since everyone else was sleeping, I should just run out and pick up some breakfast and coffee. (Even though I hate coffee, I have learned quickly that other really NEED this such drink in their lives, and without it, we all pay!)

I will have two chocolate frosted donuts, one strawberry, one toasted coconut....and ohhhh, you have munckins....I will have an assortment of those too. 50 is only a little more than the box of 25, well okay, just give me 50. (Rationalization 101: There are 6 of us, 50 divided by 6, ummmm....well it is less than 9 each, that isn't many!)

I found my hand kept finding its way back into this box all afternoon. I was becoming some sort of donut addict. But with my great Rationalization 101 skills, they are pretty small, so they could not be too fattening. There is no way you could pack many calories in a small round ball of donut. Just no way possible.

And...since there were not any calories, (in my head anyway) I decided that I was perfectly justified to eat as many as I wanted. And I did. We went back to the Dunkin Donuts about 3 more times over the week. Every time we went I would buy a box of 50, and Jane would buy a box of 50. I suck in math, but....if I figure correctly, that would be over 350 stupid donut holes that vacationed with us. I have decided not to think about the fact that only Jane and I liked the jelly filled, and no one but myself really liked the powder sugar ones. Refuse to think about it and you cannot make me. Nope. And, because in my head, I can think whatever I want, I am quite certain in fact, that the 4 pounds I put on, or that my scales has said, but I am not a huge fan of those scales either, they have a lying problem, I surely believe that they are going straight to Hell when they die. Stupid Lying Scales. Anyway, I believe the four pounds is simply the tan I got. Yeah, you did not know, a suntan has weight. Where were you in Tanning 101 class?

1 comment:

Tired Mom of Six said...

Those Munchkins are EVIL I tell you. Donuts in general are evil. Seriously dude...if we buy a dozen donuts and everyone has one, I have to eat the rest because SOMEONE has to do it. Friggen' donuts...I hate them! I might as well just attach the fat directly to my arse & thighs... ;)