Monday, July 21, 2008

Professional Snorkel-ist, we are not....

Well we snorkeled today. We had a really good time. I saw a few fish, one even bit me, just for fun I guess. We decided that with the tropical storm that just went by us, the water was really stirred up, making it pretty impossible to see anything. But by goodness, we wore all the snorkel equipment that I searched hi and lo for last week.

We looked very silly too. I did not take any pictures...dang it. We did not even pull out the waterproof camera. No need.

We ate our picnic lunch, Kenz was in a poor mood cause I packed her a Nacho Lunchable and not a ham sandwich...so she pouted, and pouted. The rest of us enjoyed our banana and sand sandwiches and chips.

We enjoyed the secluded beach area we had went to. There were other people there, but they were far, far away from us. It was like we were having our own party.

I could not help but laughing at Aunt Jane as she freaked out a couple of times and looked like she was having some sort of spastic attack trying to get back on her feet while wearing the fins.

Mac hated it, she was not into the tripping over her own feet kind of thing, she could not get the breathing down, and I could not seem to get the patience to show her down, so we were not a great team.

We had fun, which was all that mattered. We might try again later in the week....if I don't lock these kids in the room that is. It has been raining this afternoon for about the last hour, and Chase has asked one bajillion times if it has stopped and could we go to the ocean...I am about to snap....breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out...deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep cleansing breath!!!!!

2 comments:

Tired Mom of Six said...

hahahaha
Don't you love the monotonous asking of the same question over and over? It drives me crazier than crazy - seriously!

The snorkeling sounded fun as did the banana & sand sandwiches. YUM! ;)

Hope the rain has subsided and that you get to have some fun today!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Sounds like my kids. I keep telling them that if they're bored it's because they're BORING but they don't believe me.

Hope the sun shines for you today!