Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over....

Sheldon went back to work today. He looked as handsome as ever. He stopped by to see me this morning. My office has a huge window looking out to the parking lot. I see a marked Tahoe pull into the parking lot, then my phone rings. It is so funny, and cute. It is Sheldon, he acts like he is just calling to say hi. He's so nonchalant, as he ask if I am busy. I tell him no, and ask him to come in. He of course comes in. It has been several weeks since I seen in him in uniform, and it never ceases to amaze me as to how it makes my tummy flutter when I do see him. I am so proud of him and all of his accomplishments.

I am not sure how I got so lucky. He is amazing. He is always there for me and I am so grateful that I have him in my life.

Chase and Mac went back to Kidstop today. They haven't been this whole summer. It has worked out where Sheldon has been able to pretty much take care of them everyday. I think Mac was glad to be back. She is such a social bug, and likes to be in the middle of as much as possible. Chase, he would never admit it, but I am sure he was somewhat happy to be there as well.

Shortly after I picked them up today, Sheldon called to say hi. Chase wanted to talk to him, so I handed the phone over. Chase immediatly starting telling Sheldon how much he missed him today. After he hung the phone up, I could tell he was thinking about something. Soon after, he looks at me and says, "Hey Mom, I missed you today too, but I have just been with Dad so much this summer, it was just different not being with him, but I missed you too..."

That child, he is so considerate of everyone else's feelings. I had not even thought twice about his comments to his daddy. Mac actually told me she missed me today, but she also said she missed the dog...same right?

Those sweet children of mine...they are playing the friggin who will smile first, and who ever does is the one that just passed gas, or as they so nicely put it, who just farted in my room. Could I have ever imagined that one day, I would be sitting here with my two sweet perfect babies, all grown up and freaking arguing over who just expelled this fog in my room! Perfect!

My life is complete, my cup runneth over, what more could a girl want.....

4 comments:

Tired Mom of Six said...

Not much more.

Enjoy the good stuff...you deserve it!

Cathy said...

Gotta love them days when you look at your hubby and get butterflies in your stomach...or is it gas? Fart and see if the butterflies go away. Then you will know!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Sounds just about perfect to me :)

rachel said...

Sounds wonderful, Michelle, and you do deserve it. So much.