Saturday, July 26, 2008

We Are Home

Yes. And it sucks. We left the beach this morning around 9:30am. I did not start packing my things until this morning, which is a bit unusual for me. I usually wash everything and pack everything on Friday night, but I chose to go with the denial route this time. I just did not want to leave.

We had a very uneventful ride home, which was nice. I actually drove. Half way through we stopped and Sheldon and Mac changed places. This was quite interesting. Sheldon is a much calmer and self sufficient co-pilot. Mac was busy with the radio, asking me many questions, shuffling around in her seat, asking a few more questions, then finally falling off to sleep about 30 minutes away from home.

We had supper with Jackie and her family tonight. I was more than grateful when she texted me to see if we wanted to come have sketti at their house, since, one, I had no food in the frig, and two, I really was not in the mood to cook or eat out at a restaurant. I love Jackie. And our family's really work well together. Often times Sheldon or I may have had friends but the spouses may have not really fit, that is not really the case with Jackie and Ben.

I have many more stories that I really want to document about our trip, but I am a bit worn out from our vacation, and I am snug in MY bed, which might be the only thing I am glad about as far as being home. We had such a great time, I really did not want to come home.

I think the kids were ready to come home. Chase really missed Lucky, our family dog, that is a toy poodle. Lucky is Chase's side kick. He is really attached to him, a week is a long time to be away from that kind of companionship. We had boarded Lucky, but thanks to Granddaddy, Lucky was at home waiting for our arrival. He was so precious laying all over Chase when Chase sat down. He looked pretty sad when we left again, this time for only dinner, but I am sure he was really bummed that we came in, stayed a short while, then headed off again.

I just went by Chase's room and he and Lucky are all snuggled up, both sound asleep. It just doesn't get much cuter than that.

Tomorrow I get to unpack all this s***. Oh joy. I hate unpacking...with a passion.

Good night for now, stay tuned, I promise the beach stories are coming, I promise.

XOXOXO

1 comment:

Tired Mom of Six said...

I'm glad you are home safe and can't wait to start reading all the other blogs...YAY :)