Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Relaxing Sunday Afternoon

Well, today was a good day. It has been on and off cloudy today but we enjoyed the pool most of the day. Smart me ignored the fact that I know you can get a lot of sun through clouds, so I am a little on the pink side, but I will be fine. I did yoga on the beach this morning. At first I was a little timid thinking I might look a little weird to the beach go-ers, but I went early enough that it was only us freaks out there, freaks being us that wanted to exercise on our vacation, so no one looked at me too strangly, or maybe I did not notice. It was actually very relaxing, I tried to imagine all the stress and worries of my life washing away with each wave. (It kind of scares me how groovy I am beginning to sound.) We, meaning me, Mackenzie, Callie, (my neice), and Jane, (my sister in law, once removed, but I got custody of her in the divorce from my brother), anyway, we have giggled constantly. It cracks me up over some of the things we giggle about. But, once we start, there is no stopping us. I had a memory today of when I was a kid, my grandmother use to tell me and Tracie, (my cousin) that our giggle boxes had turned over. Well, our giggle boxes are not on steady ground! Sheldon and Chase played in the pool for a while today. I decided to close my eyes and pretend I was asleep, because Sheldon was tossing Chase around like he was a ball. Chase was certainly enjoying himself, so that is all that mattered. We had a delicious supper tonight, thanks to Stouffers. We cooked a frozen lasagna, made a quick salad and garlic bread. It was soooo good, or I was soooo hungry. Either way, I did not have to think too hard, or work too hard to prepare dinner, which ended up being a real good thing since I had a sudden migraine this afternoon. Fortunatly, after a small nap and a migraine presription med, I was back enjoying my vacation shortly after. So now I am sitting at a cute cafe table on our balcony, overlooking a playground and courtyard. I am trying to convince the kids to go play, but I think they are afraid that I might fart and they will miss it. I just looked up in the sky and there is the prettiest rainbow, actually two, side by side. The cool thing is it looks like the ones that I use to color on paper when I was 5, it actually is a full arch across the sky. So beautiful. So, I think God did it just for me...cause he loves me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yoga times. I am so glad that you're having such a great time!! I also am so glad that the migraine has left the bldg. Its NEVER cool to get a migraine when you're supposed to be having fun.